Hardin Northern Local School District 2020 Commencement Plan Parking Lot (Drive-in) Graduation Plan C
Approved by Hardin County Health Department
Date: Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Backup date: Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 2pm
Backup date #2: Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 2pm
Location: North Parking Lot (New parking lot between baseball and softball fields)
Staff includes: Dr. Jeff Price, superintendent, Mr. Drew Cano, 7-12 principal, Mr. Andy Wilson, student services director, Mr. Kenny Hopson, school board , and SRO Deputy Joe Carl and other law enforcement (as needed).
- All graduates and families arrive in vehicles and are directed to their marked parking space by SRO Mulligan and sheriffs office staff. All attendees will stay inside their vehicles throughout the duration of the ceremony. The senior’s cap and gown will act as their ticket to attend and participate in the ceremony.
- Additional attendees may park behind the rows of graduates. The number of people allowed in each car is determined by how many seat belts are in the car.
- Students are encouraged to decorate their cars. No limos, party buses, RVs, or big Maintenance vans (i.e. moving vans, box trucks) are allowed due to possibly creating a visual Coordinator obstruction for other attendees.
- Only essential staff will be permitted to attend and conduct the ceremony (principal, superintendent, student services director, school board president, and videographer/photographer) outside of their vehicles. The microphone will be wiped down with a Clorox wipe after each speaker. There is to be no touching of individuals outside of a vehicle; no handshaking of any kind.
- The students will be called to the stage one at a time and markings on the ground will demonstrate 6 foot social distancing. No one on the stage will touch the student. These markings are to keep school staff and graduates separated.
- Diplomas, each in a protective sheath, will be laid out on a cart for each graduate to pick up.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, vehicles will be dismissed one at a time and Transportation immediately leave the school grounds. This will be enforced by the Sheriff’s Dept.