King & Queen Information 2016
The boy and girl selected to represent your school must be a senior in high school during the 2016-2017 school year. They must also be a member of one of the organizations represented by the Hardin county Junior Fair Board. These organizations are: FFA, FCCLA/FCS, Farm Bureau Youth Council, Grange Youth, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, and High School Art.
Attached is the application along with the rules of the contest. The interviews will be held at St. John’s Evangelical Church located on the corner of Carol and Wayne Streets in Kenton on Saturday, September 3, 2016.
Hardin county Fair King and Queen Rules
- Contestants must be seniors attending a Hardin County high school during the 2016-2017 school year, not married, not have been married, nor have borne a child.
- Contestants must be a current member of one of the county organizations represented by the Hardin County Junior Fair Board: FFA, FCCLA/FCS, 4-H, Grange Youth, Farm Bureau Youth Council, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, or High School Art.
- The county contest will be patterned after the state contest. The person selected queen must participate in the 2017 Ohio Fair’s Queen Contest in January at the Ohio Fair Managers Convention in Columbus, Ohio.
- Interviews will be conducted at St. John’s Evangelical Church located at the corners of Carol and Wayne Streets in Kenton on Saturday, September 3, 2016. Appropriate interview attire will be dress up (i.e. dress, skirt, suit). Candidates will be interviewed according to the following schedule.
2:20 Hardin Northern
3:20 Hardin Northern
- Interview scoring will be based upon the following criteria:
- Activities (participation, achievement, initiative, leadership)
- Poise and Personality
- Personal Appearance
- Response to interview questions
- The King and Queen Candidates must turn in their completed application to the Kenton Times at 201 E. Columbus St., Kenton or emailed to email@example.com no later than 4:00 PM on August 25, 2016 along with a billfold size picture.
- The King and Queen crowning will be held on the Tuesday of the fair prior to the Band Show at the grandstand. For this presentation, Queen candidates should wear formals and
King candidates should wear suits. the King candidate will escort the Queen candidate from his school.