Paw Print Featured Artist

Art by Senior Selena McCoy

“I really enjoy art. Art is a class where you can really incorporate your own ideas and creativity. I feel like I have gotten a lot better at art over the four and a half years that I have taken it and I can thank Mrs. Cano for that. She has helped me change and has allowed me to see a new perspective in art by forcing me to do it for myself and make it my own. She always gives me suggestions on what to add, change, or fix and that makes me see that I could have done more to enhance the art myself. The three pieces of art that are featured are probably my favorites of this year. The Lady in Red would be my most favorite because it looks really good and the picture that I chose was perfect for the project. I used pencil and colored pencil on that project. My project of the transformation of the eye to the fish was my next favorite. I liked this project because of the color. The colors are very bright and vibrant, they are made from watercolor and watercolor pencil. The last piece is my least favorite because I don’t like drawing myself but Mrs. Cano helped me make the person drawn on the paper look more like me. I used pencil for the main and watercolor for the background. I would have to say that my senior year of art has been my most successful year of art.”