1. Meal Plan Message – Free Meal Delivery in Rural Areas
Hardin Northern Local Schools will continue to provide daily breakfasts and lunches to students. Thanks to many contributions from the community these meals will be served to all children, even those not yet in school, and to all HN students free of charge for the period of time that school is not in session.
The Hardin Northern cafeteria will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. daily to serve breakfast and lunch to any student as a grab and go. There will also be lunches available 11:30 – 12:30 daily at the corner of Washington and Main Streets in Dunkirk. Students and families that are unable to pick up lunches at either location may call the school to make arrangements for delivery of meals to their homes in rural locations.
2. Governor DeWine – Good chance schools will be closed for the remainder of the school year.
Governor DeWine was on a couple of national talk shows over this past weekend. His comments (found at: https://twitter.com/i/status/1239183110471913473) seem to indicate that schools may not be back in regular session for the remainder of the school year, 2019 – 20. The HN staff has been preparing for this possibility that now seems to be probable. THIS DOES NOT MEAN OUR SCHOOL YEAR IS OVER. The educational process will continue through distance learning.
3. Impact of Extended Time off School
- Work completed (or not completed) during this time that school is out of regular session will be used to assign final marks for the 4th nine-week grading period.
- The 4th nine-week grades will impact eligibility for students who want to participate in fall activities, grades 7-11.
4. Free Internet for Students (Homes) – Spectrum
Internet services are being offered as a free service through Spectrum for 2 months. Spectrum is also waiving the connection fee. Parents who are interested in helping their child better participate in daily lessons may call Spectrum at 1-855-261-7300 or 1-855-243-8892 to set up installation.