Explore a New Culture! Gain a Family Member! Make an Impact! HOST AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT!
Letter from Pam Hamilton, World Link Coordinator
Our students have been selected to receive a scholarship through the U.S. Department of State. They are chosen based on their leadership potential and academic success and they spend the school year living with a host family, attending the local high school and volunteering in the local community!
- Hosts can be single or married with young children, no children, teenagers or grandchildren … all types of families are needed!
- Students are selected based on their leadership qualities and academic performance.
- Out of approximately 40,000 applicants, only 900 are selected for the scholarship!
- The program provides the student’s medical insurance and pays school fees and expenses and gives the student a monthly allowance for pocket money.
- The host family volunteers to offer love, a bed (the student can share a room with a host sibling) and meals and becomes the home away from home!
School deadlines are approaching fast, and more hosts are needed! Please call or email NOW!
Contact me today for more information!